"It sends the message that hatred and intolerance are legitimate when directed against this minority group. This is unconscionable," said Julie Lloyd, a lesbian who is an Edmonton-based human rights lawyer and a member of Canada’s Human Rights Tribunal. She warned the precedent of such a bill, if passed, would encourage others in the public sphere to see discrimination against gays and lesbians as a uniquely permissible offence. "People are allowed to have their private opinions. But they are not allowed discriminate against minorities in the public sphere," she said.
- Marc Lemire’s constitutional challenge of Section 13
- The Marc Lemire case: A battle for freedom of speech
- Political Strategy to Repeal Section 13: Spearheaded by Liberal MP Dr. Keith Martin with Bill M-446 (An act to repeal Section 13) Support has been overwhelming from the media, opinion journalists and Canadians. At present, two separate House of Commons Sub-Committee's are currently investigating the out-of-control "Human Rights" Commissions.
- Victims of Section 13: Writers, webmasters, magazines, Christians, the entire list of victims. From the very first - John Ross Taylor, to the latest victims including Macleans Magazine, Catholic Insight Magazine, FreeDominion, Marc Lemire, Melissa Guille and many others.
- Books and Videos on Section 13: Booklets on CHRC censorship, the constitutional challenge, Debunking Hate Laws, internet censorship and much much more.
- Support the legal challenge of Section 13: The hardest fight is the legal one. The legal team challenging Section 13 needs your help to continue. Please click on this link and donate. Your Donations = OUR Survival!
- The FreedomSite Blog: Documenting the chilling effects of Censorship and repression of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. The blog is run by Marc Lemire, webmaster of the Freedomsite
- Canadian Human Rights Commission EXPOSED! Exposing the Misnamed “Human Rights” Commissions in Canada. They are the single largest threat to freedom of speech in Canada. The Ottawa Citizen has called them a “Kangaroo Court” and “Star Chamber”. It’s time to abolish both the Canadian “Human Rights” Commission and the Canadian “Human Rights” Tribunal
Stop Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act