- June 29, 2006: The CHRC’s head policy advisor meets with Muslims in Toronto urging them to lay hate complaints with regards to “anti-Islamic comments in the media”.
- October 20, 2006: Macleans Magazine runs a cover story “Why the Future Belongs to Islam” which was reproductions from Mark Steyn’s book “America Alone”
- August 13, 2007: Complaint against Steyn/Macleans filed with CHRC by the Canadian Islamic Congress. 
A couple representatives of the Muslim community expressed concern that the threshold for hate was too high and that much of what they perceived as anti-Islamic comments in the media and elsewhere would not be included in the current definition of hate. I referred them to the [Name redacted by CHRC] article in the Hate on the Internet magazine, copies of which I had distributed.
They also questioned whether the Commission would accept complaints dealing with anti-Muslim sentiments. I assured them that the Commission was fully committed to fulfilling its mandate under section 13.
Overall I think this round of meetings was successful in the continuing process of networking with key stakeholders and of furthering the Commission initiatives in the areas of disability and hate on the Internet.”
- Europe has been transformed into “Eurabia” by massive immigration. The article said "...There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords, without guns, without conquests. The fifty million Muslims of Europe will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
- "The Muslim world has youth, numbers and global ambitions. The West is growing old and enfeebled, and lacks the will to rebuff those who would supplant it. It's the end of the world as we've known it."
- Canada is changing because of demographics (Low birth rate of Canadians, high birth rate of Muslims) “Age + Welfare = Disaster for you; Youth + Will = Disaster for whoever gets in your way”
- Islam has serious global ambitions, and it forms the primal, core identity of most of its adherents
- “not all Muslims are terrorists — though enough are hot for jihad to provide an impressive support network of mosques from Vienna to Stockholm to Toronto to Seattle.”
- "Just look at the development within Europe, where the number of Muslims is expanding like mosquitoes. Every Western woman in the EU is producing an average of 1.4 children. Every Muslim woman in the same countries is producing 3.5 children" 
- 20070917 - Western Standard - Censure the censors
- 20071205 - Macleans - Got a complaint call 1-800-HumanRights
- 20071206 - Calgary Herald - Constitutional rights must be protected
- 20071208 - London Free Press - Freedom of the press attacked
- 20071209 - Ottawa Citizen - Suing for Silence
- 20071212 - CBC News - Tory minister slams Islamic Congress
- 20071216 - NYPost - Canada’s Thought Police
- 20071216 - Ottawa Citizen - The new totalitarians
- 20071217 - Spectator UK - The Blood Runs cold
- 20071218 - Chilliwack Times - Quit validating pro victims
- 20071218 - IsraelNationalNews - Mark Steyn is Not Alone
- 20071218 - National Post - Censorship In The Name Of Human Rights
- 20071219 - Calgary Herald - Shut down the human rights commissions
- 20071219 - Lifesite - Mark Steyn wakes up Canadian press to CHRC
- 20071220 - CanadianFreePress - Human Rights Tribunals
- 20071220 - GeorgeJonas - Turning out the lights
- 20071221 - BC Catholic - There IS Someone left
- 20071225 - FrontPageMagazine - Stand by Steyn
- 20071228 - Truro Daily - Myths Legends and some truths
- 20080103 - Macleans - Heres what offends this writer
- 20080112 - Economist - Mark Steyn and the Thought Police
- 20080521 - ChronicleHerald - Bad times for Free Speech
- 20081118 - ChronicleHerald - Ground shifting on HRC battle
- 20081124 - GlobeandMail - Tribunal shouldn’t police hate
- See an assortment of Media articles here: http://www.freedomsite.org/legal/charts/Articles_on_Sec13.pdf
Kenneth Whyte, Editor in Chief of Macleans Magazine
Q: Even though you were successful in court, do you worry that your case will have a negative impact on journalism in the future, either through more publications self-censoring to avoid lawsuits or more human rights complaints being filed over legitimate journalistic content?
A: Yeah. There will absolutely be self-censoring, and it will be harder going forward to have clear and full debates on a lot of important issues like race or religion or public policy because of this. 
In this book, Mark republishes all the essays Mohamed Elmasry, the Canadian Islamic Congress and their enablers in Canada's disgusting "human rights" regime attempted to criminalize, along with new material responding to his accusers. He also takes a stand against the erosion of free speech in Canada, Britain and elsewhere, and the advance of a creeping totalitarian "multiculturalism"; and he considers the broader tensions between Islam and the west in a time of unprecedented demographic transformation.
Roaming from America to Europe to Australia, Lights Out is a trenchant examination of the intersection of multicultural progressivism and a resurgent Islam - and of the implications for liberty in the years ahead. And don't forget, when you order from SteynOnline, the Flagrant Islamophobe Steyn will be happy to autograph it to you or your loved one in his own disgustingly flagrant manner.
- The Obituary of CHRC Censorship [Part 1]: http://blog.freedomsite.org/2014/06/section-13-is-officially-repealed.html
- The Obituary of CHRC Censorship [Part 2]: Modus Operandi of the CHRC: “simple forced deletion of the message” http://blog.freedomsite.org/2014/06/the-obituary-of-chrc-censorship-part-2.html